Uplifting Reads with Phil Mitchell Part 1

Welcome to the Long Beach, CA stop on the Phil Mitchell book tour. 

1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? 
I am a composer, author, and musician.

2. What do you do when you are not writing? 
I am a musician and composer of 3 albums.

3. Do you have a day job as well?  
I am a teacher and CDL Driver.  I enjoy being with kids and talking to passengers.

 4. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? 
2009

 5. How did you choose the genre you write in?  
Things in my life evolve around my faith.

 6. Where do you get your ideas? 
Seeking the truth and what God shows me.

7. Do you ever experience writer’s block? 
Yes, it is not easy coming up with the right words on a quote.  What is God saying?  Do these words reflect how he sees the world?

8. Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
I just write.

9. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? 
I have read all the spiritual classics but also enjoy all the great books.

10. Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published? 
Not easy, you have to be an established author first.

11. If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change? 
No, it was important to me to have the book available to everyone.

12. How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre? 
You have to be knowledgeable of social networking.

0 Comentarios