Modern Feminists Wear High Heels with Ysan Roche

When did you decide you want to be a writer, not just a musician?
A: I have always felt that there is a connection between music and writing. We all want to have a voice in our society. We want to inspire and make a difference. I believe writing and music are both equally able to reach people's heart and touch them deeply. I have always wanted to express myself and be understood.
Probably because I mostly felt that people didn't see the real ME. So Writing offers me the possibility to show who I am and what is inside of them.


You write about modern feminism. What do you mean by that and what does it mean for you to be a MODERN FEMINIST?
A: I believe women today realize more and more that we have been lied to. Sexuality and intelligence of a woman have become disconnected. I have experienced how I lost my power in society, mostly by being stigmatized when growing up and enjoying to play with feminine attributes. While living in Germany, it became almost a burden to be a feminine woman. By feminine, I mean loving dresses, high-heels and a certain kind of sexiness. I noticed how many stigmatizations were attached to it. People almost hate on women who are overly feminine. Men have learned to even play that part better in Transvestite Shows, where they can perfectly play with all the attributes of a woman and make them bigger, as a woman you are being called cheap or certain other names. 

I have always been an intellectual (or being named as such). So to me this had become a trap, a trap I needed to escape from. So I created my stage persona YSAN ROCHE who would express all my creative traits, my inner me. As Ysan Roche I was listened to. As a woman (the woman I feel I am) I am taken less seriously. It is frightening. WE NEED FEMININE, EMOTIONAL WOMEN. Being emotional and loving ones female attributes to me, means modern feminism.


What exactly happened in Germany? Do you believe other countries are less judgmental towards feminine power?
A: I seriously don't know what's wrong in this country? A lot of frustration might have built up. I am German and went to some great schools in Germany. But only when I moved to America, I began to feel AT PEACE and home.


I have heard that women had similar experiences. But Germany is an extreme, however, other countries are similarly oppressing feminine energy and might not even be aware of it. I feel women of today should be fine with having plastic surgery and changing or deciding the way they look. They should not be ashamed of loving to be attractive and using this power to their advantage. Hey!! A tall basketball player is not being judged because his height gives him an advantage in sports. So why are attractive women being judged for using their looks? Our society is superficial. We have to educate our women, but we should not be ashamed of wanting to get ahead in life.

What scares you most about our society today?
A: The obsession with media and celebrities. The media has become a substitute for god. People seem empty and many are obsessing about lives they see online (that have been fabricated to a huge extend). This is meant to keep us in a constant state of unhappiness and dissatisfaction, which in the end leads to consumption and more Sales for the companies who sponsor those celebrities.


Men today have a much harder time committing to one women unless they're extremely confident personalities, because the next dating site, Instagram model or hot chick on Facebook is just around the corner.


What do you think is the solution to this problem? You seem to be highly active on Social Media, too. So isn't your opinion contradicting?
A: Well, yes and no. We need to encourage people to think. I understand why philosophy isn't being taught in our school systems today. It clearly wouldn't benefit the BIG Bosses in certain companies if people would use their brain more. We are all visual beings. But if we begin to inspire each other to create more depth and meaning by connecting visual stimulation with great messages - I believe it goes in the right direction.

We need to turn our back to all the BIG PSEUDO celebrities like the Kardashians or Hollywood Media and choose very wisely who to follow. Do you really want the messages of the Kardashians in your subconscious mind? They are not even allowed to make statements that would make people feel good about themselves. People need to understand the background of the media better, THERE IS ALWAYS AGENDA. I have heard that from a Chinese Business Man and was impressed how people here have a better understanding of how the media operates.

And teach your girls from a young age that dating men up to 20 years older IS NOT OK for god sake. Another thing that has become slowly socially accepted. Do women benefit from this in any way?


One last question. What are your favorite books and why?
Right now, I'm reading everything I can get by Jane Austin. I love the art of Chivalry and how feminine and ladylike women behaved those days. I believe it also teaches us where modern relationships go wrong. 


People quickly lose respect for each other. Modern relationship resembles friendships, men don't see a feminine counterpart they can admire and feel fascinated by. And women don't see a strong man they can admire and look up to. And forgive me because I know this will anger some of you. But women are simply not meant to be like men. We are not meant to compete. We are meant to support and complement each other. ANOTHER SOCIETY CONSPIRACY???? I'm just joking. Well, maybe I'm not.

To purchase this book from Amazon click here.
To follow her on Twitter click here. 

0 Comentarios