Before The Throne with Jamila Moody

























Does writing energize or exhaust you?
Writing energizes me. Whenever I’m down or dealing with something, I’ll whip out a journal and begin to write. Writing energizes me and it gives me a lot of peace.

Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym?
I considered writing under a pseudonym because I was interested in Science-Fiction.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
If I could tell my younger writing self anything it would be to, “Stay focused, believe in yourself and no matter what you experience in life don’t let it stop you from dreaming and believing in what GOD has put in you. Make time to write, prioritize and safe-guard yourself against distractions because they will hinder you and delay you in reaching your goals. Stay focused.”

What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?
The best money I spent as a writer was investing in a professional cover designer. The cover for my first book turned out exactly as I envisioned it so I’m glad I spent the money I did for my cover to be professionally done.

What authors did you dislike at first but grew into?
As a child, I would read poetry by Robert Frost. I read stories by Edgar Allen Poe, I read Shakespeare and others. And of the many authors, I struggled with Shakespeare, but I grew to love his works.

What did you do with your first advance?
I have yet to experience this, I self-published my first book, but I am expecting this will happen for me. And when it does, I plan to give generously to my church and depending on the amount of the advance I plan to start chipping away at our debt.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
Interesting question. I believe I would choose for myself either a Clydesdale or the eagle. The Clydesdale because they are beautiful, majestic, strong and hard working and the eagle for their ability to see acutely and soar to great heights.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
I have 3 unpublished books that are finished, and I have 1 unfinished book.            

What’s the best way to market your books?
To be honest, I am still learning about the best ways to market my books. Social media has helped me some and I’m learning to make use mailing list as well Facebook ads.

What period of your life do you find you write about most often? (child, teenager, young adult)
I write mostly about my adulthood now and the things I’ve experienced since turning my life over to CHRIST but I have book that I will be publishing soon that is a testimony of my youth, young adulthood that details various emotional and mental issues I struggled through and the healing I was able to get from those experiences.

If you didn’t write, what would you do for work?
If I didn’t write, I would turn my focus on singing and pursuing that more actively because that’s my second passion in life next to writing.

Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
I do read my reviews. I have yet to read a bad one but I am praying I am able to handle it well if I happen to run across a review that is not so positive.

What are your ambitions for your writing career?
My ambitions for my writing career is that I can write at least 20 books to inspire people in their life and walk with CHRIST. I also want to evolve to write other thing like Christian love stories and Christian Sci-fi to reach more people in creative ways. Ultimately, I just want to write well and glorify GOD in my writings. I want every aspect of my writing to not only give readers something great to read but something that is going to impact their life whether it’s a Christian living book, a devotional or a Christian fiction book or love story – I want to impact lives for CHRIST.

So, what have you written? (*Include books, novellas, short stories, poems, blogs, awards or anything of interest.) I have one published work currently, Before The Throne, I have a blog called Conversations Before The Throne, I have a journal/devotional that I am looking to publish in March, I contributed to a devotional that will be available in the Spring and I’ve written a play short.

Where can we buy or see them? (* include American, European and any other relevant links. Free, free promotions or prices can be included) My book Before The Throne is available at my store throneroombooks.ecwid.com and amazon.com/author/jamilammoody. And currently at my store the special for February is Buy One Bless One (it’s simple you purchase a book and you get one free to bless someone else or you can choose to bless a stranger by allowing us to choose someone to bless. Also for the month of February each purchase come a vial of a special oil mixture of my own called the Oil of Shachach - worship).

What genre are your books?
Christian living, Christian education, encouragement and worship

What draws you to this genre?
I am draw to this genre because it gives me the opportunity to serve and help others.
    

================================================================

Author Bio 
Jamila is an intensely passionate worshipper who lives for the presence of GOD as well as igniting the flame of authentic worship in the hearts of others as hers was lit once she surrendered her life to CHRIST on January 3, 1999. During the summer of 2004, that fire was set ablaze following a supernatural worship encounter she had before the throne receiving a mandate from the FATHER to teach and be example of throne room worship: a mandate she has walked in her ministry, her personal life and her blog Conversations Before The Throne along with prophetic insight and revelation concerning worship, the prophetic and a host of other encouragements given to her by the FATHER to share on her blog, social media platforms and ministry.

Along with her husband Carl of eighteen years, Jamila has enjoyed marriage, parenthood and ministry. They faithfully pastored the Spirit of Elijah Worship Center 17 years: founding various ministries like their current ministry assignment Kingdom United International Fellowship, an apostolic network dedicated to birthing, raising up, equipping, training and sending out leaders to advance the Kingdom by modeling Christian love and promoting unity in Christ for glory manifestations as well as healing, deliverance and breakthrough in our communities, region, nation and across the globe.






0 Comentarios