I Do... 25 Years Later: An Interview with Susan Braxton


I DO...25 Years Later: When A Military Adventure Leads To An Easter Elopement! (Real Talk Series Book 1) by [Braxton, Susan]
I Do... 25 Years Later: When A Military Adventure Leads To An Easter Elopement! by Susan Braxton

How did this book come about? 
I was working on several writing projects but couldn't decide which to really buckle down and get published.  After reading an email from one of my ebook coaches, I took couple of days and just focused on which book should be first.  When this came up in my spirit I was surprised because I had not planned on it all. This book actually evolved from a video that was created as a gift. I noticed how people (young/old/married/single) had the same reactions to the certain parts, causing laughter or amazement, etc., so I decided to turn the video into a book. 


Can you remember when you decided you wanted to publish your work? 
Yes! Back in the early 1990s.  That's when I decided to write using my pen name, Susan Braxton which was inspired by my mother's maiden name.  A lot of time has passed since that decision but I've been pretty busy with Life so it doesn't feel that long ago.


What is your favorite genre?  
When I was young kid it was mystery like Nancy Drew series but as an adult I love Harlequin Special Edition romance novels.


Tell us about the Lewis'.
The Lewis' walk us through their life together. They've created a special video for their 25th wedding anniversary as a gift for their children. They recap what happens when military adventures lead to an EASTER elopement! What happened when a small town country boy and a city girl's world collide, all the exciting places they traveled together and they each take turns sharing special, wacky stories about their many adventures. This was a really fun project for me and I would love to see it go from book to movie. 


What can someone expect from reading your book? 
One reader, after turning down a marriage proposal several times, decided to give love another chance and eloped!  Others have said they've been inspired not to give up on getting married and one husband said he was inspired to work on his marriage.


Which chapter is your favorite?  
I would have to say chapter 7 which covers the Easter elopement which is so romantic! I hope people become inspired by the story to stay open to love! Relationships, especially marriage, takes effort and work but at the same time you can have so much fun!   


Was Indie publishing your first route of choice for publishing?  
No, back in the 90's the traditional publishing route was all I knew.  I started attending seminars and taking classes which all seemed to be leaning towards giving Indie publishing a try … I did!  It has been wonderful & empowering, I'm so glad I overcame all the hesitations.

Do you have any advice for someone considering writing their first novel? 
Yes - pursue it! Get your story out of your head and in written form. Connect with the resources to publish and don't give up until you accomplish it!  


What have the responses from readers been?  
I've received really great feedback and I'm glad I followed through with publishing it.  A couple of comments that were awesome:  “Humorous, enjoyable quick read!  Educational for young couples”  “…A beautiful story and most worth-while undertaking! It is spirit-filled and so heart-touching.”


Do you have anything else you'd like to share about the book?  
There is a nugget inside waiting just for you that will at the appointed time inspire you just when you needed it!



Find Me:

Website: www.IDo25yearslater.com


Available on Amazon: www.amzn.to/19caEvY

0 Comentarios