Revenge Fires Back with JR Thompson

BRADY CLARK'S FAMILY chooses horrible timing for their first camping trip—a night when a fierce storm leaves them stranded in the woods. 

Circumstances that leave him running around in the forest wearing, well, let's just say less than appropriate attire cause him to unleash his anger by physically assaulting his father.

Not yet ready to face the discipline he has coming, Brady makes false allegations against both of his parents. That one foolish move throws the Clarks into a world they knew very little about. A world that could possibly prevent them from ever dwelling together again as a family unit.

Can God use these trials to wake this family up to His purpose?




My interview with JR Thompson


Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Sure. I was born and raised along the outskirts of Charleston, WV. As a little boy, I had a lot of ambitions—I wanted to be a police officer, a veterinarian, a journalist, or a photographer. Well, I didn’t exactly realize those dreams, but am thankful God has given me the ability to write books. In addition to writing, God has given me the privilege of being an assistant pastor at a local Baptist church – another honor I am extremely grateful for.


How did you choose the genre you write in?
That’s easy! I’ve always enjoyed making up stories – got quite a few spankings for that when I was a kid. Haha. Now that I’ve gotten older, I get paid for making them up. I chose Christian fiction because I do not include any foul language or indecency in my writings. I want my books to be 100% family friendly and I believe Christian fiction is the best fit for me.


Where do you get your ideas?
They float in from everywhere – dreams when I’ve went to bed after eating too much pizza, real-life experiences that I can twist into fiction, and sometimes just from my warped imagination.


Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Yes, but only on rare occasion. When I run into that problem, I usually take a break from writing for a little while and then try to pick up where I left off. If that doesn’t help, I’ll try to outline and usually it doesn’t take long before I’m back on track.


If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
I’m not 100% sure, but I did play with the idea of rewriting it in the form of first person narrative.


What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
There’s no doubt about that one – the chapter called Sappyblooditis. I chuckled as I was writing it and again every time I proofread that section. I don’t want to tell you the details of the chapter because it would be a tremendous spoiler. But I would be surprised if any of my readers would disagree that it’s their favorite chapter.


How did you come up with the title?
Getting even is a recurring theme throughout the novel. Quite often, main characters learn that vengeance sometimes has a way of biting back.


What project are you working on now?
I’ve been working on a Christian mystery titled “Hidden in Harmony.” It’s about a devoted Christian family who return home one night to find a homeless man sleeping on their doorstep. They take him in only to later learn he has been accused of terrible acts in the past. Horrible things begin happening in and around their household. Oh, I better not keep talking or I’ll give the whole book away. “Hidden in Harmony” is scheduled to be released on October 14th.


Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I would just like to say thank you for your support. If you enjoy my books, please leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. It would help me out tremendously!


What brought you to write this book?

I had provided therapeutic foster care for several years and during that time period, multiple families shared many horror stories with me about how children ended up in foster care and about how they were treated while in foster homes. I also heard about some wonderful foster homes and foster families and met some children who truly needed to be removed from their parents’ custody – but those cases were not the norm. I wrote this book to show the world what goes on behind the scenes.

================

About JR Thompson
JR Thompson was born and raised in West Virginia. For more than fifteen years he worked with at-risk youth there. He married and moved to a small ghost town in Montana, where God called him to preach. He now serves as an assistant pastor in a neighboring town.

On more of a negative note, JR humbly admits that he is an addict - that's right, he can never get enough Dr. Pepper and has been that way for years.

In addition to writing and ministerial work, Thompson loves the outdoors - he and his wife enjoy going camping in tents (and they make sure to take their bear spray with them - especially since a blackbear got inside their Jeep and ripped up the seats in recent months), hiking, and doing anything to enjoy the beauty of God's creation.

0 Comentarios