Uplifting Reads with Phil Mitchell Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the Phil Mitchell Long Beach Book Tour 

13. Have you written a book you love that you have not been able to get published? 
No.

14. Can you tell us about your upcoming book? 
No plans.

15. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? 
The whole book is based on real life experiences.

16. What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?  
The quote that “God will touch you and mold you like a moving orchestra”  is my favorite part.  I can’t explain what it is like to write a symphony knowing God moved your hands over the piano or to explain something that is incredible that you saw.  You just don’t come out the same person after seeing something like that.  You don’t walk through the world a lone.  There is strong presence wherever you go.

17. How did you come up with the title? 
My friend who inspired me had a company called Intimate Creations.  He gave me a mug for coffee.   This book is about my closeness with God.

18. What project are you working on now? 
Marketing my book.

19. Will you have a new book coming out soon? 
No

20. Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with? 
I would like to spend more time on writing about prayer.  Every time you say a prayer you come to God with a heart that is closer.  Something happened and you can’t wait for your next conversation.

21. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment? 
I need to find more avenues to get my book out.  People say I come up with good stories and quotes.  I just tell them it is my faith.

22. Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers? 
Write from your heart and journey.  It is much like putting a song together.

23. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans? 
This is a book that you should pray with and reflect on your own journey.  There is a spiritual battle going on between good and evil.  You don’t always see it all the time.  The state of your soul is very important.

24. What brought you to write this book?  
People will now know if God exists if we don’t tell them our story.  The book is a guide for the spiritual life.  I actually met a co-worker who prayed every morning before work.  I later found out he had cancer and he wanted to spend the rest of his life bringing his faith to others.  He helped encourage me to write the book.

25. Why spend years of your life writing it? 
God has given me a lot of inspiration and words in my life that I needed to share with others.

26. What are you trying to achieve with this book?  
Help people in their spiritual life or on their pilgrimage.

27. What got left out in the final draft? 
I came up with another quote that “Miracles bring life to the journey.”  Jesus had over 30 miracles happen in his life. His journey was very important. Why do some people have miracles and other don’t?  I believe it depends on your journey. I met a priest who was cured from 3 brain tumors.  A miracle happened and I told him my quote.  He loved it.  You just don’t know who you will meet on the journey and encounter God’s presence.

28. Where there alternate endings you considered 
No.

29. What’s next for you? What are you working on now? 
I am working on becoming a better public speaker

Thank you for joining us for the Long Beach stop. If you would like to keep in touch with Phil, please visit his website Uplifting Reads: Intimacies with God

Be sure to follow Phil on Pintrest https://www.pinterest.com/morningstar_pm/

0 Comentarios